akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Thursday 5 February 2009

scathed

As if a yearly ritual, I fell down again last Sunday on the first day of this year's February. Last February I had the most serious fall so far while rolling downhill in Seri Alam with T-Bolt. This time it was in Ulu Tiram with Bianchi.

I must have accidentally pulled the front brake lever hard while going a long bumpy downhill section. Well, actually most of the route was downhill. Anyway, there I was, endoed with my left side of my head first to the ground. Bruises on my thighs near to the knees, left shoulder, and two left fingers including the pinky. I passed it as not a major one, for I still have my thumb, index and middle finger for my day-to-day chores - writing, typing and cleaning stuff in the toilet. Oh, and not to forget, gripping the handlebar - for RTW.

There were 5 of us in the trail that day, so I can appreciate the worries on everyone's mind. Alhamdulillah, I was able to ride without much problem. One thing I did notice, my vision was quite blurry and somehow not 'full'. Something like having a blind spot, but the spot is right in the middle of the front vision. Strange.


kurang hensem siket dah pulak...

I'm sporting scars from the fall, appearing most visibly near my left eye, left shoulder (able to hide it from the missus for a short while only), both arms, and both thighs near to the knees. Bruises too. At the time of writing, the bruises are slowly fading to yellowish.

Looking forward to this Sunday's ride!

Thanks to Jai for the photos, post-ride refreshments (plus lunch!), bathroom and the nice trail in Ulu Tiram

No comments: