akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Monday 11 January 2010

RTW 11.01.2010 - relaxed, masked rider

I'm riding in a relaxed mode this morning. Perhaps because I'm inspired by BC Kelolo's weekend 150 km touring adventure, so the style is a la touring. With no pannier rack, of course.

The weather was nice, alhamdulillah. I even slowed down at a section just before midway to soak in the beauty of early morning yellow sky. Well, just one of the things you get when you're not in a hurry.

I'm wearing a face mask this morning. Couldn't bear the smog from vehicles especially at the Masjid Jamek Pasir Gudang traffic light ascent - riding slow, breathing hard, and lots of idle lorries with thick black smoke. I'm using a cheapo one, got it from a hardware in Masai at RM15. Not so bad, although it doesn't filter all the smog. I can still smell a faint trace of smoke. Well, you get what you pay for. Anyway, it is better than without at all. Just that it's quite suffocating when I'm inhaling heavily. And the bane of wearing such masks is that you tend to smell your own breath if you exhale through your mouth. Yuck! Never thought mine smells bad. Bleaaaggghhh...

I guess Respro's would do better, if price is an indication of quality and performance. Hmm.. perhaps if I offer myself as a volunteer reviewer, would they agree to supply me for free some of them Techno masks? Complete with spare filters and valves, please.

Stats today:
Out from home
0659
 hours
Arrive office
0739
 hours
Door-to-door
40
 mins
Ride time
36'46"

Distance
12.33
 km
Ave. speed
20.1
 km/h
Max speed
34.7
 km/h
Calories
174.1

Odometer
3221.4
 km
Good doggies
1

Mode
relaxed,
with mask

No comments: