akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Tuesday 9 February 2010

07.02.2010 Seri Alam - Plentong offroad: 33km of XC

I went out early morning and cycled 9.55 km to Ruza Cafe for my fix of offroad ride on Sunday. It occured to me that the last ride was during GA Fun Ride. No wonder I was psyched up and looked forward for that ride.
There were 2 groups that morning - XC riders and FR/DH junkies. I went with six others and headed to Flora Heights, led by EG who is guided with Panjang's GPS on his handlebar. The rest went in with Panjang.
We went in and rode quietly non-stop. The first proper stop being at the 17th km mark - neither at Badminton, nor after scaling Bukit Panjang. We rested at the canopy en route to Plentong. Quite nice, for a change. I guess it's workable because the fitness level of the 7 riders are on the same level. The other big factor is the small group of riders that day.
The next proper stop was at the 28th km, just 5 km away from The Big Valley Ranch where I depart from the rest and headed home at 12.30pm. Nope, didn't watch Melodi when I reached home 10 minutes later.
It's interesting to note that I brought enough isotonic with a little bit more to spare in my bladder for that ride - just 1 liter. I brought along a bottle (600 ml) full of plain water on my bike too, still half full by the end of the ride.
The ride was different. We went through the Plentong Epic Ride route. I enjoyed especially the flowy mild descending singletrack towards CP1. Kudos to EG for leading us in and out safely. Albeit for the numerous track checks, for me it's still okay.
No photos, sorry, I deliberately left the camera at home to enjoy fully this ride.
Hope your weekend ride was good too.
Thanks for stopping by. Take care, you, be it on the road or offroad.

No comments: