akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Northern Connection

I've been delaying to write about this for a couple of weeks, actually, until right now when my college friend Gjoe gave me call earlier this afternoon; right after he read about my piece on chainsuck and related his own painful (to the pocket) experience.

He's residing in Changlun, and having missed a couple of months of riding due to bad drivetrain on his Avanti, nowadays he brings along his bike in the car every day for a daily night ride opportunity. That's the same Gjoe who gave me the best bike-related present so far (hint hint).
 
Over the last few weeks, there have been quite a series of connection with riders from the north. Kedah, to be exact. Well, I met Amienze at Plaza Angsana end of June. And my blogroll (on the right panel), I've added a few of Kedahan riders' blogs links.
 
During the short chat with Gjoe, he told me that he rides with Tandope regularly. Well, well... I've said it once, and I'll say it again: what a small world it is, mountain biking community in Malaysia.
 
Hope to see ya on the trails one day, insyaAllah!
 
Thanks for dropping by.

2 comments:

BC Kelolo said...

Tandope happens to be my junior from good ol UUM days...Small world, eh?

akmalhizam said...

BC,
Indeed, indeed! It always excites me.