akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Tuesday 24 August 2010

I Wanna Ride!

Today's the 14th day of Ramadhan and my rides are limited to 3 RTWs so far. Oh, and the short ride with Umar a few days ago.
I gave a miss the offroad night ride last Saturday in Plentong due to time constraint and (ehm) overfilling of the gut after a breaking of fast get-together at Naza's colleague's place. So far, I've never joined any on-road NRs, unlike the previous years.
 
It'll be a few more weeks before I could hit the trails. Perhaps the first ride in Syawal would be on Sunday 19th Sept. That's 10th Syawal. Or... it could be as early as 7th Syawal which falls on Thu 16th Sept - Malaysia Day! Amacam, Panjang? On on?
 
Meanwhile, I'm browsing my old ride photos collection, and enjoy the ride back home this evening.
 
***
Images | Breaking Rule Number One
There is an unwritten rule that mountain biking photos have to have a rider in the shot. Peruse the pages of any Mountain Bike Action and you'll find we stick by that rule. Except for today. Today is break-the-rider-rule day, because while there are no riders in these photos, try to look at them without getting the uncontrollable urge to throw on your hydration pack and hit the trail.
 
page and text from Mountain Bike Action December 2009, p.14

No comments: