akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Wednesday 1 September 2010

RTW 01.09.2010 - 5000 km and going

Due to certain circumstances, I have to RTW this morning. Well, that's good. So last night I prepped up a bit, and I thought of using the Hollowpoint with knobbies and all. I installed the Cateye meter sensor on board the cockpit, packed the saddle bag and mounted the hand pump on the frame. No bags or beam rack this morning. Ready to go, and looks like I could go offroad if I need to.
 
I went out early, at 0653 hours. It was hard to resist the temptation to speed up on flats and uphill, and so I did albeit a bit moderate compared to what I would usually crank up. Puasa kan...
 
Oh, and my odometer reached 5,000 km this morning. It would be a bit earlier during the Night Ride a few days prior, but during that time the Hollowpoint was without the sensor. I went from 4,000 km during late April to 5,000 km in early September. That's about 4 months of riding, or on average, 250 km per month. Well, that's pretty much with what I've calculated earlier. Anyway, that's including the jamboree rides and a few night rides which means, it is still quite an average to hit 250 km/month. Hopefully I'll reach another 1,000 km in another 4 months time insyaAllah. We'll see how it goes.
 
Stats this morning:
Out from home

0753

 hours
Arrive office

0729

 hours
Door-to-door

36

 mins
Ride time

35'00"

 
Distance 21.2  km
Ave. speed 12.48  km/h
Max speed 34.5  km/h
Odometer 5004.1  km
Good doggies 3  
Mode Hollowpoint, knobbies
 
Thanks for visiting.
Have a good day!
 
photo taken using Nokia 2330 classic.
nyiehh...

No comments: