akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Tuesday 21 December 2010

RTW 21.12.2010: L-Route with RTW Machine

Yes, I'm using the lazy/lateness route with my RTW Machine - rims wrapped with slicks this morning.
 
It used to be 'unrideable' using slicks before a couple of weeks ago; for there's a section of the still-under-construction stretch on the parallel highway of Pasir Gudang to Bakar Batu that's not paved yet - circa 20 meters of red earth. Its condition is the worst after rain, which we had plenty of during November and December. Now, it is already paved, though only with packed crusher run and sand.
 
I have cleaned up my Hollowpoint after the Sunday offroad, and wouldn't want to have dirt on it. Besides, it's been quite some time the RTWM has been resting, for mainly I have been denying its duty. Much of the time it's been standing idle with a few times in the recreational mode for Umar and I riding around the neighbourhood. Time for the both the bike and I to stretch it out.
 
However, in getting the bike ready, coupled with my unpreparedness, I got out of the gate at 7.17 am. That's late, and there's only one way to counter that, of course: the L-Route. My initial plan of going through the normal long route with slicks changed with a somewhat joy inside - I can have that nasi lemak en route. Hehe...
 
The journey was smooth all the way. The roads were quite dry and I reached office safely in less than half an hour (that's including a 2-minutes breakfast stop). I enjoyed the journey tremendously.
Really.
 
Reflections:
1. It won't be long now, until the day when the highway would be open to vehicles. I don't know whether cyclists would be able to hop on it and share (even a foot or two), while being safe to ride on without much hassle (crossing, etc.). I guess I'll have to wait and see, and find alternatives or leeways.
 
2. It is not quite a normal thing for motorists to enjoy the drive while going to work. I know, because I don't, even if the traffic is smooth all the way which would be only under 10 minutes for me. You know, it's like, "okay, safely arrived at the parking lot, not much to be joyous about". It's not that I'm not grateful that I had a safe journey with the car, just that it's boringly normal.
Yeah, I guess that's it.
With RTW, however, it's a 30-40 minutes of adventure.
 
Stats today:
Out from home
0717
 hours
Arrive office
0748
 hours
Door-to-door
28
 mins
Ride time
25' 39"
 
Distance
10.27
 km
Ave. speed
24.0
 km/h
Max speed
37.5
 km/h
Odometer
5835.8
 km
Good doggies
0
 
Mode
tesco + L route,
 Yukon, slicks
 
Yukon?
 
Have a great day.
May your journeys accompanied with some sort of enjoyable adventure.
 

No comments: