akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Monday 24 January 2011

RTW 24.01.2011

saw these guys riding on a row with reflective striking yellow vests (and orange t-shirt too).
 
I went out just a couple minutes past 7:00 this morning. I planted in my mind, to go through the most arduous route since I have the time.
 
And I did.
 
I used the normal route, through Masai, Taman Bukit Dahlia, and instead of going up straight towards the traffic light at Masjid Jamek / Taman Mawar, I went up through Taman Dahlia. Interestingly, the names are misleading. Taman Dahlia is actually on Bukit Dahlia, while Taman Bukit Dahlia is at the bottom of it, on flatland. The reason for going up at Taman Dahlia is because that route is almost without motor vehicles. The second reason is to challenge myself in accepting a hilly route on the fly. Well, I did psyched up earlier on that, so I was kind of prepared for it.
 
No hurry, though. It was more of a 'can you make it' kind of thing. Hence, my stats shows so. Interestingly, I made it below 40 minutes door-to-door. Nice.
 
GA MTB Ride is on Sunday and I hope to make it a quick one. At least, not an exhausting one, insyaAllah. For that, my RTWs shall be my training for that. I still have 4 more RTWs (rest on Sat) for this week. Will I be doing the weeklong this week? Perhaps. Hope that Umar won't wake up early in the morning this week throughout.
 
Stats this morning:
Out from home
0702
 hours
Arrive office
0740
 hours
Door-to-door
38
 mins
Ride time
36' 23"
 
Distance
12.93
 km
Ave. speed
21.3
 km/h
Max speed
39.0
 km/h
Odometer
6196.7
 km
Good doggies
1
 
Mode
normal route + Tmn Dahlia,
 hollowpoint, knobbie, pakrak
 
Have a good day, y'all.
Thanks for your time.

No comments: