akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Tuesday 25 January 2011

RTW 25.01.2011 - a li'l bit of drafting

alternative parking space, nicked Rizal's usual spot
 
I went out early today, at 9 minutes to 7:00. That's quite an improvement. This time of the year, 7:00 am is still not quite bright. I donned an LED reflective jacket, lit up my ankle clip LED and rear blinker too.
 
Same as yesterday, ventured out and went up Bukit Dahlia. A bit slower this morning overall, due to my stopping at traffic lights. Well, fast was not in the agenda anyway.
 
While pedaling towards Jalan Pekeliling, an expatriate cyclist overtook me and went ahead of me with his Japanese recon bike. Not a problem for me to overtake him, but it could prove to be dangerous for the short section that we were riding on before parting away is quite narrow for me to overtake him. Instead, I just drafted behind him along the way.
 
I don't know if he was feeling a bit annoyed with me following him closely, but I sensed that he tried to pull away while glancing back once or twice. Of course, it was to no avail. Hehe... It was nice to be pedaling leisurely without much energy sapped, but that also contributes to my stretched cycling time this morning. 39 minutes door to door. It didn't matter though, fast was not in the agenda.
 
When I arrived at the office, the pantry door was locked. Yikes! So I had to park at Rizal's spot - at a corridor leading towards the toilet. Fortunately he's not doing RTW this morning, so no guilty feeling.
 
Too lazy to put the stats for today.
 
 
Have a good day.
Ride safe.
Thanks for coming over.

No comments: