akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Wednesday 2 March 2011

RTW 02.03.2011 - relaxed, with a surprise

I had to take a shower this morning.
 
Couple that with the time available, I decided to have a really relaxed ride. Planned not to shower when I reach the office, perhaps only to shampoo my hair and wash my face. I was hoping not to break sweat, thus pedaling with a relaxed cadence all the way even going uphill. That means I have to give in to climbing slowly, which I'm not quite fond of.
 
I took the Tesco + L Route. No rushing, just a relaxed pedaling all the way. All the while resisting the urge to burst into speed. Hence, the surrounding is quite different. I can see some details that I would have missed if I were to focus on getting from A to B in the shortest time as I could. Colours and sounds and smell, I could soak in a little bit more in detail.
 
Much to my surprise, in addition, is that I did door-to-door in 29 minutes. That's mind boggling, for my normal ones via the same route would be about the same. Some even longer by a minute or two. Okay, I didn't have to wait long at the two traffic lights en route; maybe that's a contributing factor.
 
What I love about the ride this morning is that I sweat not as much. Just a little wipe on the back with a small towel did the job of making me dry. My heart was not pumping as hard when I arrived at the office. In total, it was quite tranquil. I just love it. The best part is that I had 5 minutes extra for I didn't have to shower (but shampoo and facial cleanse I did).
 
Thanks for coming by.
Have a tranquil day, you.

No comments: